To stay current with the latest news, research findings, and developments within the fields of sexual health, youth health, and technology, follow these individuals and organizations on social media.
Sexual Health Information for Adolescents and Young Adults
- Planned Parenthood Health: @PPFAQ
Planned Parenthood Health keeps followers up to date on the latest news and resources related to reproductive health and reproductive justice, especially news and resources that are relevant for youth.
- Bedsider: @Bedsider
Bedsider is a useful resource for both young adults around normalizing contraception. Includes mobile components, method chooser, and social aspects of communities of users of birth control.
Adolescent Health and Sexual Health Information for Providers/Health Professionals
- Office of Adolescent Health (OAH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services: @TeenHealthGov
OAH offers the latest information and news in federal adolescent health initiatives.
- National Library of Medicine (NLM) Outreach: @NLM_OSP
NLM Outreach tweets most frequently about news and resources most helpful for health professionals and providers working with specific populations, including members of ethnic and sexual minority groups.
- Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health (ICAH): @ICAH
ICAH aims to transform public consciousness around youth reproductive health. It is also a reliable source for news and innovations in youth health.
- YTH (formerly ISIS): @YTHorg
- YTH hosts the annual YTH Live conference in San Francisco, bringing together the best and brightest in cutting edge technology for youth health and wellness. The Twitter feed offers commentary on YTH partners and projects, in real time.
HIV/AIDS and STD Prevention
- AIDS.gov: @AIDSgov
AIDS.gov provides the latest info on HIV/AIDS news, treatments, and use of new media to combat the virus in the United States.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) HIV/AIDS: @CDC_HIVAIDS
This is the official Twitter account for the CDC’s HIV/AIDs division, dedicated to HIV/AIDS prevention efforts. Follow them for information on newest HIV treatments, surveillance tools, and other prevention news.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) STD: @CDCSTD
CDC STD is a useful source for infographics on various trends in STD transmission/reduction, resources for STD prevention for all age groups, and quick stats.
LGBT Adolescent Health
- LGBT Health Equity: @LGBTHlthEquity
LGBT Health Equity helps connect followers with people and information related to research, policy advocacy, and organizing for LGBT health.
- GLSEN Research: @GLSENResearch
GLSEN Research focuses on conducting research related to on LGBT issues in K-12 education.
- Callen-Lorde Health Center: @CallenLorde
Callen-Lorde, based in New York City, is dedicated to providing low or no-cost services to LGBT individuals and persons living with HIV/AIDS.
Mobile Health/Health and Technology
- mHealth Alliance: @mHealthAlliance
The mHealth Alliance focuses on increasing awareness and use of mHealth technologies in developing countries.
- Tech pHealth: @techpH
Tech pHealth provides current news about innovations in the use of mobile phones, mobile apps, and technologies for public health purposes.
- Youth, the Arts, and HIV Network (YAHA Net): @YAHAnet
YAHA Net uses new media and art for HIV prevention for youth and support of HIV positive youth.
Adolescent/Sexual Health Advocacy
- Advocates for Youth @AFY
- The Task Force: @TheTaskForce
The Task Force specializes in political advocacy for the rights and equal treatment of the LGBT community.
- Physicians for Reproductive Health: @ReproDocs
Physicians for Reproductive Health is a group of providers committed to using medical evidence to advocate for sound reproductive health policies and practices.
Alcohol, Smoking, and Substance Abuse
- National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependence (NCADD): @NCADDNational
NCADD is a resource for health professionals and individuals working with, as well as individuals struggling with, alcohol and drug addiction.
- Quit for Life: @Quit_for_life
Quit for Life is designed for persons seeking tips, advice, and networking opportunities with others who desire to quit tobacco smoking.
- Smokefree Teen: @SmokefreeTeen
Smokefree Teen has a Twitter account designed specifically for adolescents to prevent cigarette smoking and provide resources for teens who want to quit smoking.
- Psych Central: @PsychCentral
PsychCentral provides news, information, and resources for health professionals serving and individuals dealing with mental health diagnoses.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP): @AACAP
AACAP specializes in providing news and information for families affected by childhood and adolescent mental illnesses.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): @NAMICommunicate
NAMI dedicates its efforts to spreading mental health awareness nationwide.
- California STD/HIV Prevention Center
The California STD/HIV Prevention Center provides training to health professionals and community members working in the field of HIV prevention.
- Teenwise Minnesota
Teenwise Minnesota is a resource for anyone working with adolescents to learn new and effective ways to encourage healthy sexual development.
- Teaching Sexual Health
Teaching Sexual Health offers curriculums, lesson plans, and health information for educating children and teens about healthy sexuality.